- Get a flexible tape measure and put it around your head.
- Place it just above your ears where the hat is expected to sit.
- If you have a hat that fits well, put it on. Look and feel where it rests. Measure in that same spot. For most people, that just above the centre of the forehead in front, and on the upper side of the “lump” in back.
- The tape should be above the tops of your ears on both sides. Most people like their hats to rest about half an inch above the ears. Some prefer higher. Lower is likely to be a problem later. Be sure to measure in the place where you want your hat to rest.
- Check to make sure the tape is level all around. Pull the tape snug and see if it feels right. If not, try a little higher and a little lower until it feels just right.
- Hats can vary in size depending on the manufacturer or seller. Avoid to refer to the size of one of your own hats only.
MAKE SURE TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT DIMENSIONS FOR YOUR BODY, USING THE FOLLOWING FASIBLE MEASURING TECHNIQUE